Steiner Optics Micro Pistol Sight (MPS) 8700-MPS
Steiner brings battle-proven durability and mil-spec ruggedness to pistol red dots with the NEW MPS (Micro Pistol Sight). All-metal construction and enhanced sidewalls completely seal in the emitter. A recessed window with a metal hood blocks objects from reaching the front lens making this one of the toughest pistol sights ever created.
At 2.05 oz, the Micro Pistol Sight is compact and lightweight offering Steiner quality glass and a robust feature set including 8 brightness levels, and 13,000 hours of battery life.
The 1X magnification offers an undistorted image for both eyes open operation and complete situational awareness. The Micro Pistol Sight is designed to fit an ACRO footprint and is compatible with most optic-ready pistols using ACRO baseplate adapters.
- Battle-Proven Durability – The MPS boasts an enhanced extra side wall that produces a best-in-class shock rating. The completely enclosed laser emitter is water pressure tight making it reliable in the harshest environments and any weather condition.
- Compact Size – Only 58g means the sight is light and compact. Its short size avoids any “tunnel-vision” while the low weight allows a perfect use
- Daylight Bright dot – 8 brightness settings (two-night vision) can easily be managed due to the ergonomics of the raised button on the side of the optic. The 3.3 MOA dot allows fast and smooth target acquisition in any condition.
- Battery Life – The 13,000 hours of battery life puts the MPS on top of its class and the easily accessible battery compartment allows changing the battery without dismounting the MPS from the gun. A flashing red light indicates low battery.
- True 1X – The 1X magnification allows both eyes open operation and complete situational awareness.
- Reticle: 3.3 MOA
- Special Feature: Parallax free from 10m to 150m
- Clear Objective Lens Diameter: Objective Lens: 20x16mm; Ocular Lens: 21x16mm
- Click Value: 1 MOA per click
- Elevation Adjustment, Total Capability: 90 MOA
- Windage Adjustment: 90 MOA
- Length: 2.17″
- Weight: 2.05″
- Illumination Control: 8x manual brightness control; 6 day/night modes; 2x NV compatible modes
- Battery: CR1632
I have had a 509t for over a year, and while I’m pretty fond of holosun, as I have many of their red dots on many of my other weapons, I have not had much luck with their pistol sights myself, and the 509t being enclosed I was hoping to get away from the issue with moisture ruining my rds, being enclosed its still gotten moisture inside and it affects me shooting on cold mornings.
The Stiener has proven to be an absolute animal in this realm.
Moving it to a more permanent duty pistol once I get an actual acro plate to attach to the slide cut, and will run it much harder and do a further review on it then.
Solid optic, turn off when not in use, use right plate w/ p320
Was looking forward to moving into the enclosed emitter world and am pretty satisfied it was with Steiner. I run it on a p320 compact and have used two plates and would recommend going with the forward controls acro plate over chpws garbage, the latter had an air gap wider than the grand canyon and I made sure both surfaces were clean of any left over loctire. The fcd had no tolerance issues and is running the mps strong after 1500 rounds.
Next, although it would have been nice to have a motion on and off you can switch the newer models to manual mode. I recommend if you have aupeessor sights you turn it off at night then switch it on the next day, you should be in a habit making sure your gear is good to go on a daily basis anyways. If you do leave it on manual without turning it off the battery does drain considerably faster, make sure you are running Energizer lithium batteries too.
Solid piece of gear
It’s tough, rugged, and works the way a red dot is supposed to. It looks bigger on reviews than it actually is, and does not add any noticeable weight to the gun. No mounting issues after 750 rounds. The unit I received can have the auto off feature disabled; I tested it and it was still on after 24 hours if that is a concern. All in all, a solid enclosed emitter optic that is certainly priced well, and I have it on my full size home defense pistol with no reservations.
Truly a highly underrated optic & for me it is imho better than the P2. I own both.
This optic’s window and thickness of it’s outer shell is what makes this sight a pleasure. Battery life is comparable to the RMR and built to withstand a beating. This might be controversial to some but it has replaced my Aimpoint Acro P2 for my daily carry since I am of the boat of changing my batteries every year anyways. Truly the P2’s window size plus the thickness of it’s shroud in comparison to this optic is literally a night and day difference shooting.
not as good as the acro p2 but still a good optic
I prefer the button layout and the turret adjustments over the acro p2. however the automatic shut off after 16 hours is a deal breaker for me. There’s nothing worse than bringing the dot up to your eye and it not being on.