King Cobra Ultimate Nomex/Lenzing Hood 3038185
Ultimate Nomex/Lenzing Hood, with comfort plus liner, 2 ply
- Double-ply hood with Comfort Plus liner for cooler, drier wear
- XL length covers chest, shoulders and shoulder blades
- Flat stitched seams
- X-heavy 1/2″ wide elasticized face opening
- Cover stitched bound drape
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
Blend was developed in the early 1980s by PGI to offer a more comfortable and affordable option to 100% Nomex hoods. Due to its price and exceptional comfort it became an instant success easily becoming the most demanded hood blend on the market. Comfort Plus is made of two proven flame-resistant fiber workhorses- Nomex® and Lenzing FR™. Together they create an exceptionally durable and comfortable flame resistant fabric that wicks moisture away from the skin more effectively than other flame resistant fabrics. The end result is an FR hood that feels cooler in hot environments and warmer in cold environments. In addition to improved comfort, Comfort Plus hoods offer 18% better thermal resistance than their 100% Nomex counterpart with a TPP of 33.6 vs. 28.5 for 100% Nomex after five washings. Other properties of the fabric include:
- Inherently flame resistant
- Excellent thermal resistance – 33.6 TPP rating after five washings
- Excellent comfort. Lightweight and soft, no itch or irritation
- Excellent moisture management – wicks moisture away from the skin keeping you drier and more comfortable
- Keeps you cooler in hot environments and warmer in cold environments
- Low initial cost
- Long wear life
- Off-white color
- Arc Resistant – ATPV 8.8 HRC 2 (On double ply hoods)
- Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition. Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
- Meets CAL-OSHA Requirements Passes Fed. Test 191, Method 5903.2: CAL OSHA Sections 3406(d)
- Complies with OSHA Rule 29 CFR Part 1910, 269
- Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6″ to 5.6″ in diameter.
- Length of hood below face opening approx. 12″.
- Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 17″.
- Length of hood at back from top to bottom approx. 19½”.
- Length of hood at front top to bottom approx. 20″.