King Cobra Carbon Ultimate Hood 3049298
This Cobra Ultimate Hood from PGI features Carbon Shield fabric which is a flame-resistant fabric breakthrough based on carbon fiber technology. It is considered the ultimate high-tech fabric for thermal protection and comfort. This Fire Hood is a double-ply hood with XL length that provides coverage of the chest, shoulders, and shoulder blades.
- X-Long length covers chest, shoulders, and shoulder blades
- Flat-stitched seams
- X-heavy 1/2″ wide elasticized face opening.
- Cover stitched bound drape
- Double-ply hood throughout
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
- Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6″ to 5.6″ in diameter.
- Length of hood below face opening approx. 12″.
- Length of hood at the side from top to bottom approx. 17″.
- Length of hood at back from top to bottom approx. 19½”.
- Length of hood at front top to bottom approx. 20″.
- Both outer shell and lining are a blend of Carbon/High Strength Aramid-approx.6.5 oz sq yd.
- 1 x 1 rib knit fabric – knit to allow approx. 200% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
- Calendared to minimize laundry shrinkage.
STITCH TYPES AND SEAMS:
- All stitching conforms to Federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751).
- Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607.
- Elastic in face opening is serged in with stitch type 504 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- All seams are sewn with 100% Nomex thread size Tex 40.
- Composed of two layers throughout.
- For a contoured fit the hood is seamed from top of face opening to the back of the head.
- Face opening is circular in shape and serged with x-heavy duty ½” wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back ½” and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16″ (which is 25% more than conventional hoods) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings.
- The bottom edge of hood is bound with self-material bias binding.
- Gusset added at side seams to provide complete shoulder coverage and smoother drape.
Carbon Shield is a flame resistant fabric breakthrough based on carbon fiber technology. Considered the ultimate high-tech fabric for thermal protection and comfort. During the torch test, after about 5 seconds, traditional FR fabrics combust, severely shrinking and charring. Carbon Shield remains dimensionally stable even after 90 seconds, giving you the extra time you need to get out safely. Properties of Carbon Shield include: